I choose very wisely to book my stay in Cuba from Airbnb! For my entire 14 day stay, I went to one spot and plunked down there. I wanted to avoid the many hassles and wasted time of attempting to visit all the highlighted city in the Cuba all in one trip.
I was glad I did.
In addition to saving time and tribulations, I became quite comfortable roaming around the city on foot. The freedom of taking it ‘one day at a time’ is incredible. Going to bed when you are tired and getting up when wake up is the best.
With no planned itineraries for any day, I decided to go wherever I felt like it and to do whatever came up. Certainly this is not for everyone, but it worked out great for me.
On one particularly beautiful day, the weather was perfect so I walked to the Park Central and took the $5 CUC tourist bus to Playas Del Estes. I walked along the Santa Maria shoreline and waded in to cool off. Awesome!
The casa that I picked out from photos on Airbnb turned out to be one that other visitors called ‘a real find’.
Name: Casa Colonial Mari y Ricardo
- Google Maps Address : Casa Colonial Mari y Ricardo, Havana, Cuba
- or ‘entre Lealtad y Campanario, 405 San Miguel, La Habana, Cuba’ (click to the right of 426 on google and you’ll get 405)
- For Taxi Drivers: Lealtad y Campanario, 405 San Miguel, Centro Habana, Cuba
- Tip: Write the address down on a piece of paper and give it to the taxi driver so that he can refer to while driving
- My Casa Particular : Casa Particular en La Habana Hospedaje Mary y Ricardo